Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Running in peanut butter?? I don't even like peanut butter!

Last night I didn't go to run club.  I was in hermit mode as I like to call it.  I just wanted to stay home on a rainy day and read a book.  So that is what I did.  I am sure the fact that I go back to work on Thursday has something to do with my hermit ways.

Now I didn't just sit on the couch and do a bunch of nothing.  I did end up running 4 miles in my hood.  This weekend I have a 10 mile race, so I can't just sit around and read books all day. :)  I'm so frustrated with running.  I feel like it should be feeling easier, but it has been one big suck fest lately.  I feel like I am running through peanut butter. Ugh.  It wouldn't be bad if I liked peanut butter, but I can't stand the stuff.  I'd rather run through some nice cool ice cream. :)  Not sure I could get any slower than what I am running right now.  Well it has to get better eventually.  I am sure it didn't help taking a week off.  Today I have 7 miles on the calendar.  I was going to wake up early and run, but I looked and saw 100% humidity and thought better of it.  The humidity is supposed to leave this afternoon...so I will put the miles in later today/this evening.


Yesterday's run was a very humid one.  At the end of the run I was dripping in sweat.  I don't think there was a spot on me that wasn't covered in sweat.  Oh the joys of summer running.

2 comments:

Jennifer K. said...

The humidity definitely makes things harder. I'd rather run in the rain than deal with the damp just hanging there.

Kim said...

I'm sure it's just the humidity that is making it so hard to run right now - when it cools off you will probably see a huge increase in your speed!!!