Saturday, August 2, 2014

Do I smell bacon?


This morning I woke up and did what a lot of runners do...look at the weather channel app to see the weather. Looks like it was raining and it looks like anytime this morning was a great morning for my long run. So I rolled over and went back to sleep for a bit. I'm not an early morning workout person. I wish I was but I like my sleep.  It the thing that I hate about summer running...you have to get out to run early or face death. 

So I headed out the door at 8 am to get my long run in. I headed to the library to run the route that I ran last week. I now know where everyone runs...the neighborhood around the library. I didn't get the all if the miles in that I was hoping to but I had two more miles than last weekend. So I'm ok with my run. My run was so slow.  I wish I was a fast runner. I need more miles under my feet for those long runs not to really suck. But I'll take two more miles than last week. 


A bit sweaty, but considering it is the beginning of August I can't complain that it was low 70's at the end of my run. 

While I was running different neighborhoods I am suddenly overtaken by a yummy smell. Could it be bacon?  Yep definitely bacon. When that smell is drifting out to the road you should offer sweaty runners samples. A few streets down I start to smell cake or muffins. I'm not sure if this neighborhood is where all of the cooks and bakers live or if they were having a cook-off later but it was making me want to stop and have some breakfast. 

If I keep running this neighborhood maybe they will start to invite me over for breakfast. I guess that could be my motivation...make friends with the bacon and cake people. I could start saying hi and asking if the have had any good bacon lately. That way I can find out the bacon lovers of the neighborhood. 

Next up find out where's the bacon!



4 comments:

Jennifer K. said...

After reading this post, I had to have bacon with my breakfast.

Kim said...

Way to get that long run in - glad that even though you ran at 8 it wasn't too incredibly hot!!!
Funny that the bacon motivated you:)

MrMcGuck said...

I was sort of in your neck of the woods. I ran the DHRT 50K near King George Virginia. I actually was telling my wife how thought I saw you at the Steak N Shake. She reminded me that not all Gingers look alike and what were the odds of us being in the same place at the same time. Either way Saturday morning ended up being a great time to run 31 miles but I won't miss the crazy drivers on those Virginia back roads.

Running Librarian said...

Jim that is funny! It was perfect running weather in VA. Glad you had a great time at your race.