Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ice, Ice, Baby...

So I might be a bit crazy this evening.  I haven't been to running club since before Christmas and I pick the day that we had a bunch of ice to start back to running club.  I'm hoping that the run/bike path is not icy and that I will be able to run.  I do not usually run in ice or snow but I feel like I really should head to the running club to use some of this cold weather gear that I have been stocking up on.  I figure if I find the path icy I will either walk or head back to the bar and enjoy a beverage while I wait for everyone to finish their run. :)  I know I could buy the ice grips things to add to my shoes but I have already broken my leg a few times and I don't feel good running on ice or snow no matter what my shoes look like.  Well wish me luck.  Oh..this will be three days in a row of Tuesday!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Snow and ice make it tricky, but it can usually be done (very slowly). Hope it went well - either the running or the beer ;)

Running Librarian said...

No ice, so it was a nice run :) And the beer was great! It was nice getting back to running club after a month off too :)

cathysrunning said...

3 days in a row - good for you! I'm up to 1 day a week - so sad... It's just so dreary and cold outside! But - the sun peeked out today! Yea!