Thursday, January 6, 2011

zumba umba ahhhh

So my friend Stacy called me yesterday to schedule a date at the gym to try Zumba.  I agreed but I was not looking forward to it.  The last zumba class that I tried had a Nazi instructor that would come up to you in the middle of the class and yell at you that you can go faster and you are not putting forth enough effort.  Ugh!  I hated that zumba class.  First of all I felt like I was all arms and legs trying to do Zumba and then I had an instructor yelling at me to go faster..not my idea of fun.  Needless to say I was not looking forward to this zumba class. 

Well I met Stacy at the gym.  We waited for the step class to finish up with the other 20 or 30 people waiting for Zumba.  Looked like there were a bunch of regulars that knew each other.  I also noticed that apparently if you have the word Zumba on your clothes it must be easier because 3 or 4 people had some sort of Zumba clothes on.  Well the music started and away we went.  After the 7 minutes warm up I was sweating and realizing I am built like a box.  My hips do not move, my butt stays where it is and doesn't like to make much of a fuss.  I did try and turned out I had much more fun with this instructor than the other instructor from a different gym.  After the hour of sweat I realized I am not very good at shaking what my momma gave me.  :(  Well at least I had fun.  Looks like Stacy and I will have a standing date with Zumba on Thursday nights.  This should be good because it will be my cross training day for my half marathon training! 

1 comment:

cathysrunning said...

Good for you giving Zumba another try. The instructor makes all the difference. I once tried a kick boxing class and the instructor kept yelling at us telling us that we weren't doing it right and we'd have to do it again. The whole time I'm thinking - I'm paying for this?