Three days an I am running my first half marathon of 2012. Am I prepared?? Heck no! This week I've been plagued with the plague..stupid head cold and lack of breathing. Prior to this week..umm wait a minute while I come up with a multitude of excuses..too cold, too hot..too rainy..too busy..too lazy..you name it I could come up with the excuse for my lack of mileage. Unfortunately I'm going to be paying the price on Saturday for my lack of preparation. Hello Rock n Roll DC! That's ok..I'm prepared for a rough run. I just keep telling myself if I could run while sick with what was probably the worst stomach bug known to man and still finish the Rock n Roll Philly two years ago, I can get through this race too.
So here is my plan for Saturday:
1. look cute in some green running wear
2. enjoy the hotter than normal running day
3. just enjoy the run..no time goal for this one
4. use this one as a step towards Cherry Blossom ten miler in a few weeks and the next two half marathons on the road to becoming a half fanatic.
5. not to die (I feel this is a really important)