Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Resolution

I'm not big on resolutions.  One year I made the resolution that I was going to look 5 strangers in the eye and smile at them.  I tend to not look at people when I am out and about.  I thought this might also be the key to find love (or a restraining order).  It was much harder than it sounds to do.  I also felt like I was a bit weird stalker girl.  So that didn't last that long.  It was also hard when I went to work and came home.  Not a lot of stranger interaction there.  Well this year I am going with the old stand by of millions of people.  I am going to work out 5 days a week and visit the gym more often.  I know I slacked off after the 1/2 marathon in August.  It also helps that I will be starting my 1/2 marathon training soon too. :)  I would like to increase my pace while running too.  We will see about that.  I think I am destined to be a slow runner. 

Well looks like today is going to be a beautiful day in Northern VA.  So I will be running the hood today, after I go grocery shopping.  It is always so much fun to come back from vacation to an empty refrigerator.  I will say I did a very good job watching my eating at my mom's house.  Not too much food or cookies and I didn't gain any weight (and might have actually lost a pound or two).  So hopefully I can keep that trend up this year. 

Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years!

3 comments:

Michael McAlpine said...

Good luck with improving your pace. I have the same goal this year.

Lindsay said...

i do goals, not resolutions :) i don't think i need to change anything, just want to focus on accomplishing a few things! that's how i see it, anyway.

happy new year!

cathysrunning said...

Stalker girl - that's funny. Isn't that weird...we want people to be friendly, but when strangers smile at us we think the worst!

I'm with you on improving my pace this year - last year I went from 10:25 miles to 9:40 miles. I'd love to get close to 9:00 this year! Good luck to you!