Friday, September 9, 2011

Things I have learned at the gym

1.  All the cool kids hang out in the parking lot and sit in the bed of a truck.  (wonder if the cool kids will see me with my water bottle and ask me to hang out)

2.  Dunkin' Donuts makes donuts around 7pm at night.  I haven't decided if I should go at this time or stay away...it does smell sooo good.

3.  When I use the recumbent bike for more than 30 minutes my plantar fasciatitis kicks in big time.

4.  When did they get rid of the rock climbing wall??  This could have been the month that I attempt to climb that moving wall of rocks.

5.  2:30 in the afternoon during the week is the time to go for no wait for a treadmill.  Wonder if I will get another surprise day off because of flood to come back at 2:30...

Who would have thunk it that I would learn five new things simply by going back to the gym.  Imagine how much new information I may learn if I go to the gym more frequently! 

We had a flood day today so no school.  The county that I work in was hit pretty hard with flooding yesterday after the week long rain fest and the torrential downpour that happen all day yesterday.  Some of the schools have some flood damage and lots of roads were closed and some homes were evacuated to the local high school.  On a happy note, I had a super productive day off!  I finally got the oil and my slow leaking tire looked at.  Thank you tire patch and no lines at the auto place!  I went to Walmart and did not get irritated once and found a filter that I have been looking for for my vacuum cleaner.  I went to the gym and had a great run!  The only issue I had was that stupid little emergency stop magnet piece came off mid run.  Ugh!!!!  Just throws me off when I am suddenly stopped and I can't continue my current mileage count.  I know I can add the two distances, but it just throws me off.  All in all I had a great flood day.  Monday it will back to work.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Makes me think I should get back to the gym to see what I'm missing! It's been a while...

Crystal said...

it would be hard for me to resist fresh baked doughnuts!!

Running Librarian said...

crystal..they smell sooo yummy too!

steena said...

I envy you if you can get to the gym at 2:30 in the afternoon. I have to go during the after 5:00 rush, it sucks big time!

Running Librarian said...

The 2:30 trip to the gym will be the last for some time...we had the day off of work because the area was flood and many area roads were horrible.