Sunday, August 15, 2010

Last weekend before my summer ends


This is the last weekend of my summer vacation.  So sad.  I am back to work officially on Wednesday, but I will probably go in for a few hours on Monday and Tuesday.  Well summer it has been nice knowing you.  I know I shouldn't be complaining but I really love my summers off.  It is the perk of becoming a teacher. 

My run on Friday wasn't bad considering the low mileage I have been putting in.  I ran 4.6 miles.  I would have run longer but my dog escaped the tennis court that I was running around and headed for home.  I have no idea how  he got out, but I figured I might as well head home.  So I walked my 1/2 mile cool down and took a shower.  So much for my 6 mile run. 

So I took Saturday off and now I have to run 6 miles today.  I hope the rain stops so I can run outside.  All this rain is making me just want to take a long nap all day long.  I am feeling like I want to be a hermit.  So I guess it is a good thing that school starts back for me this week so it forces me out amoung the living.  Looks like 5 more weeks until the Rock N' Roll Philly Half Marathon.  Ugh...not sure if I am ready for that one yet.  This weekend I am supposed to run 7 miles..so that means I really need this run today. 

No comments: