Saturday, August 28, 2010

8 mile run...not quite but close

Today I was supposed to run 8 miles.  It is a beautiful morning in Northern VA.  A perfect day for a 8 mile run.  Considering that I have been a bit lax on the long runs I really need to get a long run in before I simply give up on running altogether.  Another motivator was the fact that I have gained 5 pounds since starting back to work a week and a half ago.  Which is really bad b/c there has been few teachers in and the kids do not start back until after labor day.  At this rate I will be a whale by Christmas time for sure.  So this morning I lace up the shoes and headed out on my run.  I ran 4miles around the 'hood and then picked up Riley and ran/walked a few more miles..dropped him off after two miles and continued on for another mile. 

That's right if you are able to add a mathematician you  get 7 miles.  Not my goal of 8 but I can't help it I was getting bored with running in circles.  I should have got in the car and went to a running / bike trail along the road that I run sometimes but I just didn't want to drive.  So I decide yet again to pretend I was a gerbil and run in circles. 


3 more weeks until the Philly Half Marathon...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

No comments: