Thursday, August 19, 2010

Trying to run

Well I am going to make this a quick post because I need to leave for work (ugh) soon.  I guess I will start on the running.  It is not looking good right now.  I thought I was back in the mode, but I have seemed to lost it yet again.  I did run the 4.6 miles on Friday night.  Sunday I had planned to run 6 miles, honestly I was all set to run.  But you know what they say about best layed plans.  It was raining and gloomy out, so really who wants to leave the couch in that kind of day.  So I took a day to be a hermit and decided to run the 6 on Monday.

On Monday I was waiting for early evening because it was so hot and muggy outside I thought if I could hold off until 7:30 or 8 it would be a bit cooler.  Well took the dog for a mile walk and came back and sat outside with Riley on the stoop.  Riley loves hanging out front and watching what is happening in the neighborhood.  As we are sitting there waiting for the energy to go and change into some running clothes, Barry my neighbor came out and started talking.  Next thing I know his wife is out along with their kid and his family are all out lounging and laughing.  Really I couldn't be rude and go in and change for running right??  Well by the time everyone went in, it was too late (and looked like rain anyway) and I was getting tired. 

I did get in a run on Tuesday.  My friend Becky and I went to Shirlington and ran with the Shirlington running club.  They run a 5K loop and end at a bar and have happy hour.  Oh if only all my runs would end this way :)  We just started going last month and have already made some new friends.  It was a great happy hour but unfortunately I had my first day of work the next morning, so I guess all good things must come to an end sometime right?

No comments: