Friday, December 17, 2010

shaping up for the 2011 running season

So here is how the 2011 running year is shaping up...





So I just found out that we got into the Cherry Blossom 10 mile run.  Not my favorite run but I do love the french toast at the restaurant after the run.  So here is the running schedule for the spring so far.

There is a 10K in Fredericksburg, Va in March.  Fits perfectly into the training schedule leading up to the Cherry Blossom run.  Then April 4th is Cherry Blossom 10 mile run with a group of 9 friends.  Then some people from the running club got in too.  So should be nice to maybe see some people that I know among the 15,000 runners.  Then the next weekend is the half marathon redemption weekend in OBX.  Hopefully my second half marathon will be better than the first and  I will be able to run it and not be ill.  Should be a fun run because it is the first run where some friends are willing to travel and actually show up to cheer us on.  Now I will say it is not the weekend of the run, so who knows if they will actually come to cheer me, Kristen and Lucy.  But at least they are telling us now that they are going to come and cheer us on.  The prerequisite is that they need to make a sign to hold for us. :)  Should be fun.  After that it is all up in the air.  Kristen and I were talking about starting a running club at school for the third, fourth and fifth graders. We were going to do girls on the run, but I think I am too late with the applications to start the running group.  No problem we can start our own. 

That is my running update for next year.  I am off to enjoy my first snow day of the school year.  



4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congrats on getting in!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some good races! Good luck on all of them, and enjoy your snow day!

teacherwoman said...

Glad you got in! Enjoy your snow day!

KovasP said...

The RRCA also has a running club for kids, including lesson plans, I believe. Free to teachers, might be worth checking out.