Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cherry Blossoms in December...

Well I signed up for the lottery to run the Cherry Blossom 10 miler again.   We have 10 people so we are signing up as a group.  I guess it is now all for one, one for all.  We either all get in or none of us will run.  The Cherry Blossom run in DC is not my favorite run.  Last year I ran it and after I was done they ran out of bananas and water by the time I was done running.  Who runs out of water on a ten mile run?  There are over 13,000 people running the race and you can't provide enough water for the slow pokes at the end of the run?  For those of you wondering how I judge my favorite runs I like a run with some yummy food at the end or some fun door prizes. :)  This run has neither.  I keep asking myself why I keep signing up for the run...running with friends is fun.  And this works out to be a perfect race for my half marathon the next weekend.  So I guess fingers crossed that we get in. 


My first Cherry Blossom run..I had previously ran 4 miles before running my 10.  I thought I was going to die.

Hot Sweaty mess on the metro.  Had a great run and felt great.  Amazing how much better you feel the second time around.

I went to the running club again last night.  My friend Megan  won a free RUN glass from the local running store.  I love when people get to win random prizes :)  Megan is going to run her first Cherry Blossom 10 miler with us too.  She told me last year that she wouldn't run across the street let alone run a race.  Well since then she sponsored a girls on the run girl, she is training with some girls on the run girls, she has joined the running club and has turned down the school Christmas party because "Tuesdays are saved for running".  Yeah Megan is turning into a runner :)  Cracks me up!

1 comment:

KovasP said...

Go Megan! Sometimes groups have better chances in the lottery - good luck!