Saturday, September 29, 2012

Inspirational runners are everywhere

While I'm driving to work I pass a bunch of runners and walkers on the way to school. Two of the runners make me want to roll down my window and cheer them on. One woman is in her fifties and she runs no matter what the weather. The past two years I feel like I've seen her drop a bunch of weight. She is out there plugging along in the heat,rain and snow. She is really an inspiration to watch run. There are times when i pass her and think "No way would i be out running in this". Way to keep running no matter what!

The other runner is a new runner. I've only recently seen him running. He is an older gentleman with a large belly. He is out there running slowly and according to his face painfully. I don't know how long he has been running before I pass him in my car and truthfully it doesn't matter. He is out there running. Some may see him and think they could walk faster than his run. But I just want to stop and tell him great job and keep up the great work. I love seeing runners that others may look at and think no way are they a runner. There are lots of people that do not realize that runners come in all different shapes, sizes, ages and speed. You do not have to run like an Olympian to be called a runner. All you have to do is run.

2 comments:

~*Kimmy*~ said...

Totally agree!!

Katie said...

love it: all you have to do is run.