Thursday, November 18, 2010

Why oh Why do I not want to workout?

So I went and ran some at the track. Did some "speed" work.  Which if someone were to actually see my speed work they would laugh but it is speed to me. :) 

I am still having problems finding my workout groove.  It has never been as hard as it has been this fall.  I have not figured out when a good time to go to the gym for me is.  Normally it is around 7pm but this year it just isn't happening.  I hate going to the gym after work because it is always pack and can take up to 20 mins to find a parking spot.  So what is a girl to do?  Yeah sit on the couch and eat the leftover Halloween candy sounds good to me ;)

The running club has been saving me, forcing me to run on Tuesdays.  And I have been getting in a run or two on top of that.  I think what I am going to do is try taking my clothes to work and running around the 'hood after school.  That way I don't lose the workout mood after a 30 plus minute drive home.  So hoping that it will workout for me.  I think I might convince some friends to run around school with me too.  Kristen is also having the same problem fitting in working out since the 1/2 marathon.  So maybe we can guilt each other into at least running or walking together a few times after school. 

On a different note...I can't wait for Turkey Day!  It is my favorite holiday!  I love that there is really no big expectations but to eat until you fall asleep and visit with friends and family.  No stress with gifts or trudging out to stores and getting knocked down by some old lady who is trying to get to some random bargain.  Sunday I am hosting a friend Thanksgiving and making my first turkey.  So it will either go really well or a pizza will be ordered. 

I am taking off work on Wednesday since there are no library classes and I will be heading up to PA to mom's house on Tuesday night after work.  Riley will get to play with mom's new little bundle of fur Charlie.

What a cute little guy! He is the friendliest dog out there too.



3 comments:

abbi said...

I understand about struggling to find your workout groove...I'm sure you'll find it soon!

~*Kimmy*~ said...

Have fun Sunday!! Love hosting!! Hey, and Happy Thanksgiving =)

Tricia said...

have a great weekend!