Saturday, November 20, 2010

Yurbuds and Turkey

So I won some yurbuds in October from Bobbie's blog 2010 Journey in Running.  I chose the pink ones for breast cancer.

I haven't tried them out yet because my earbuds have been working fine.  Well the time has come my earbuds have been crapping out on me so tonight was the perfect night to try out the yurbuds.  I was a little sceptical about the yurbuds.  My ears are incredibly small and regular earbuds always hurt and end up falling out of my ears.  So I grab the yurbuds as I headed out the door for the gym.  Well I worked out for an hour and they stayed in my ears the entire time.  I didn't have to keep pushing them in my ears to insure that they don't fall out of my ears.  I could almost forget that they were even in my ears.  So I guess I am now a yurbud convert.

After the gym I called my mom for a last minute walk through on the turkey for tomorrow's friend Thanksgiving dinner.  Hopefully everything works out and I don't poison my friends.  It could be a very lonely day at work on Monday if everyone ends up with food poisoning (why in my mind everyone else but me ends up with food poison is beyond me but they get it and I don't) and has to go to the hospital.  I am sure that won't happen but I will make everyone sign medical waivers before eating the turkey and stuffing lol.  

5 comments:

Julie said...

I love the hot pink earbuds! I am sure that you will not poison your friends:) Good luck with the cooking...I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Read/Write/Run said...

Hi,

I've been searching for other runners to join a group to share experiences through blogging. Are you interested?

BTW,I also do children's writing on the side. Check out both my blogs. Brianwoods is my writing blog.

I'd be interested to know what you think about my writing since you're a librarian.

Also congrats on your 1st 1/2 marathon and good luck with your next. Perhaps some of my blog posts could be helpful in your preparation.

I don't think you'll make your friends sick. After all, you just have to remember to take that crap out of the bird before cooking and toss it. Giblets-yuck!

Ken

Running Librarian said...

Ken - I have to take the giblet bag out??!!! I thought it would add some moisture and flavor if I keep it in ;) I am sure that I am not going to poison anyone either but I just want to cover my bases lol.

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

Ha, ha! Good luck with the turkey..you are braver than me! ;)

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

Oh we have the same color of Yurbuds. I heart them =) They never get off. Will be posting a giveaway of that soon =)