Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wildlife refuge hike

Instead of running I went with Becky hiking through the Occoquan Wildlife Refuge.  The website said we could see raptors at this time of year.  Not sure about the raptors, but we did see ducks and snails. :)  It was a beautiful day for a hike.  In all we probably walked 3 or 4 miles.  We ended the day with a yummy pulled pork sandwich from a roadside barbecue guy.  I have wanted to try his barbecue for years.  I can't believe it took me so long to discover the goodness of his pulled pork sammies..yummm.






Here is a heron (at least that is what we think it is).

Becky examining snails.

2 comments:

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

Looks like a gorgeous day! :)

Julie said...

I love hiking! It looks like you had a perfect day for hiking 3 or 4 miles:) Great pictures! I love pulled pork sandwhiches too!