Sunday, February 3, 2013

weekend update

I have decided that Sunday will be my long run day (feel like I have been putting it off a bit this training run)  I went out and ran four Saturday.  It was a bit chilly.  I tried to head out as late as possible.  I  I almost stopped by my house to get a running headband under my hat to cover my ears.  The wind while running down the hill was freezing my ear off ( my other ear had an ear bud in it to keep it warm)  I just wasn't feeling the long run today.  So Sunday I will shoot for 8 miles.  Perfect way to try and counteract the Superbowl food!

I've knocked out two of my tutu's for my birthday 5k next Sunday.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  I just have to make sure that they fit the people I made them for.  I also can't figure out how to finish the elastic.  I have just tied it off..but the elastic is wide so it is forming a huge knot. Maybe using a safety pin?  I will do some googling and see what I can come up with it.

Last night I headed out with Glen to help our friend Jen celebrate her birthday.  Jen is a newish friend from runclub.  It was fun hanging out and meeting some new people.  It was snowing a bit last night so some people decided to stay home instead of heading to Jen's place. There were some yummy cupcakes too which I only had one (but wanted more than one!)  



4 comments:

Jennifer K. said...

Do you have access to a sewing machine? You can just run off the waistbands of the tutus through a machine. Or take a needle and thread to them.

Beth @ Running with the Sunrise said...

Cold runs can be so hard to dress for, especially if you don't know how much wind to expect. I think everyone loves to run some extra miles on Super Bowl Sunday because it means we can indulge in some extra snacks. Hooray for distance running! :)

Lauren said...

Hey - use superglue! Super easy and easy to hide! And... cupcakes. Yum :D

TR said...

Happy Early birthday!! Another February bday, yayy :D