Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Going sugar free for 10 days

So I decided to join Amanda at Run to the Finish in going sugar free the first 10 days of June.


 Hopefully this will help me get my eating under control.  I have been eating nothing but crap lately.  Although I will say that I have done a bit better this week than last (so that is good right?)  So I guess I need to get my ice cream fix, my soda fix, chocolate and the rest of that stuff that is oh so good, but oh so bad for us in before June 1st. 

On a related food note, I got the covered deep dish from Pampered Chef.  The pot is supposed to perform miracles.  You can cook chicken in the microwave and it comes out yummy.  Prepare a cake in 12 minutes in the microwave too.  So obviously I can not try the cake during the beginning of June, but maybe trying some new recipes in the old deep dish pot will help me eat healthy and not want the junk :) 

3 comments:

KT80 said...

I go back and forth, back and forth about cutting out sugar. I know that I want to, but then I try to tell myself that it's ok since I enjoy it and that I can learn to enjoy it in moderation. Then I go through phases where I want to restrict it and kick refined sugars out of my diet. I've never actually tried - scared I guess, but I really want to....

Terzah said...

I'm doing that challenge too! Scary, but we can do anything for 10 days, right?

Running Librarian said...

Terzah I thought the same thing :) 10 days...its only 10 days lol