Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pink is the new Black

So on Monday I had a few girls that ran the 5k come up to me and tell me how proud their parents were that they ran a 5k...looks like I might be doing it again next year.  Once they cross the finish line and I hear things like my parents were so proud of me, I forget about how the week before the run I vowed never to organize a girls run club again.  I think next year I will do it in the fall instead of the spring. 

I went to run club last night.  What a great night for a run.  It was fun as always although the fact that 2 chatty girls were running on our heels for most of the run was rather annoying.  I don't mind that you are so chatty but really if I can feel your breath on the back of myeck just pass me.  Trust me you will not irritate  me at all by passing me. 

Came home from run club and went to bed.  Woke up at 3 am and felt like I had a case of pink eye.  I went back to sleep and woke up to get ready for work and lo and behold pink eye.  I hear that pink is this seasons black...The crappy thing is that it is not bacterial (no goop) so no prescription will help get rid of it.  I just have to put warm compresses on my eye and saline drops.  The silver lining would be that I get 2 days off of work and maybe I can then run tomorrow morning around the hood.  I also got some cleaning done today and got to sit in the backyard and enjoy some sun.  The bad thing is that I am now the town leper...

No comments: