Thursday, October 7, 2010

I've lost that running feeling..oh that running feeling

Ever since the 1/2 marathon I have not felt like running (or working out at all).  I did run with the Tuesday running club, but that has been about it.  I am sure it doesn't help that I have been a bit congested (I have just discovered the joys of Musinex).  So I am hoping that will clear up soon.  But really there has been no reason why I just don't want to do anything.  I brought my running gear for the last two days to work, thinking maybe if I lace up after school and don't come home until I run that will work.  Well it didn't.  My running stuff is still sitting behind my desk and to make matters worse I just realized that I didn't even bring it home lol.  I think I will make myself head either for a run or the gym on Sat. morning.  Then I will be looking for some new runs to run.  That seems to be the big motivator for me, running races.  How does everyone keep motivated?  I am hoping that I will just wake up and think I need to run now!!!  But as of yet it hasn't happened..

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Signing up for races has always helped me and my hubby stay with it! I hope you have some in your area around Halloween and Thanksgiving that you can sign up for!!

Anonymous said...

Your body my have just needed a break. Hopefully signing up for a race will give you the boost you need. Maybe a friend to motivate you?? You'll get back out there!

Julie said...

It is called post race blah! I have it right now too:) Just take a little time to rest but not too much. You don't want to let to many days go by without running. You worked so hard to get where you are! I agree with these other comments...sign up for something to help you stay motivated:)

Running Librarian said...

Thanks everyone! I'm looking into signing up for some new races and I have some possibilities for another half to try and redeem my first one. :)