Monday, September 19, 2011

1 year ago this past weekend what were you doing??

Well I can tell you what I was doing a year ago this past weekend..running my first half marathon!  If you want to read about my experience check it out :) 

I still have a bit of disappointment for my first half..who gets sick after all of the training I did??  And the crazy part is I actually stuck to my training plan pretty well going into that half.  Since then I have ran 2 more half marathons (one I did great and one I had my first DNF).    I am currently training for my 4th half marathon in October.  I can't say that my training is going the greatest, but I am trying to run through any problems. 

I have two more half marathons on the plans for next year.  Crazy to think that it was only a year ago that I was nervous about my first half.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

It's not that uncommon to get sick in a taper -- body under lots of stress from weeks of training!

I still get nervous for races... And I've been running since '99!