Saturday, January 21, 2012

5K Twitter run!

Well today I completed my very first virtual race!  Megan passed along a virtual 5K that was taking place on Twitter.  I've never done a virtual race.  I got up this morning and thought I would head to the gym to race, but turned out I was feeling really lazy.  Seems I have been feeling really lazy a lot lately..time to get back to the running.  Anywho...I started reading a book and next thing I knew no run.  I then told myself that I would run in the afternoon, after a trip to see the movie Contraband with Marky Mark w/out the funky bunch. 

Ah..Marky Mark...

Well after the movie I actually came back and got dressed and went to the gym to run my virtual 5K race.  It actually was a great run, not a lot of people at the gym.  I'm guessing the cold weather was keeping them away, which was fine with me!  Anyone else run a virtual race before?

4 comments:

Maemae S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maemae S said...

love it! i saw you on the list of finishers!

Anonymous said...

i love running virtual races and am so sad i missed this one. know of any others coming up soon?

Katie said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! I've never done a virtual race before, but I'm training for a 5k with two other Moms and we're all about trying new (and fun) ways to train!