Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Goals


Happy New Year to everyone!  Seeing as it is the first day of 2013 I thought I would share some of my running plans and goals this year.

First I would like to add more mileage to my calendar this year compared to last year.  I am going to shoot for 700 miles this coming year.  Last year I was the first year that I actually tracked the amount that I ran.  And if you can call tracking my running miles a resolution, I stuck to it for the entire year!!  Go me!   I would also like to improve my half marathon time..or my 5k time..or really just my speed over all (if you can call what I run speed...lol)  I'm  hoping that being more consistent with my running will help me increase my speed..and if I can drop some lbs..then I'm sure that wouldn't hurt my times either. :)

Races that I am running.  This year doesn't look like it is nearly as crazy with running races, but you never know how it may end up shaping up.

February:  two races that I am debating on running.  I need one more half before March 16th to move up in half fanatics.  So hopefully one of the February races will work out.  I'm waiting to see what the weather is like before I sign up..I'm willing to suck up the higher race day registration to avoid running in a snowstorm.

Love Rox in Richmond on Feb. 16th
or
Colonial Half in Williamsburg  on Feb. 24.  This race starts at 1 in the afternoon..which really sounds nice..I can drive down and drive back with no problem...and the weather should be nicer than in Northern VA at the time.  Although I don't think you get a medal for this one..so we will see...

March -16th- Rock n Roll USA

April - 7- Cherry Blossom 10 miler

June - 8 - Hatfield McCoy Half Marathon

Aug. - 4- Rock n Roll Pittsburgh
          17- Biggest Loser Half Marathon in Erie

September - Navy Air Force Half Marthon

October - Heritage Half Marathon

That is what I am aiming to run so far..I am sure I will be throwing in some 5K's and other local runs as I find them.









4 comments:

Jennifer K. said...

That sounds like a productive year! Good luck!

Beth (@RunTraveler) said...

Congrats on your 2012 mileage and good luck with your 2013 goals!

Fruit Fly said...

You must live in the best places for races! All the titles and locations sound so cool!

Running Librarian said...

I'm pretty lucky that there are a bunch of races pretty close to where I live..yippy to no travel expenses!