Saturday, April 20, 2013

once again..

Once again I didn't eat properly the night before a longer run..grrr...I know! I know!  I said that I learned my lesson a few weeks ago about eating right the night before a run.  Sometimes it takes me a few times for the lesson to sink in.

Last night some of us headed over to a co-workers house for happy hour.  I wasn't planning on staying too long so I wasn't worried about food.  I had some cheese and crackers and chips and salsa.  Really the stuff that dinner is made of :)  And of course I washed it down with some beer..didn't want the crackers to get stuck in my throat! :)

I knew when I woke up this morning that I was in trouble.  I felt sluggish and just didn't want to head out the door to run.  I knew I should have eaten dinner last night.  Oh well, lesson learned again!  I headed out after lunch.  My legs felt heavy and tired.  It really was the first run after a few weeks of no real running.  (I'm not counting my 3 miles on Tuesday nights for run club)  I wanted to try out my new fuel belt that I purchased for  marathon running...I can't see me running 26.2 miles with a handheld.  Well turns out that the fuel belt and bottles are not that bad.  I was picturing a lot worse.  My main problem is getting the freakin' bottles off of the belt.  Guess you know what I will be practicing doing.  Then I also have problems with putting the bottle back in place too. It turned out to be rather funny.

I ended up getting in 6 1/2 miles of running.  Not bad considering that I was super tired during the run.  Note to self, eat dinner!

Tomorrow I will be volunteering at the GW Parkway 10 miler.  Should be fun!  It will be my first time working a water stop.  Love supporting Runners!


5 comments:

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

Lesson learned!! ... again! ;)
Eat dinner before your long runs!! Great run though!! :)
Have fun volunteering!! :)

Unknown said...

Eat a good meal before your long runs.
You need to eat proper meals two or three days before long runs.

Kim said...

Funny (not haha but ironic) - I learned/relearned the same lesson this past week. I'm sure in a few weeks I will "learn" it again - I wonder how many times it takes?
Glad you still got in a run!

Running Librarian said...

Kim glad I am not the only one that has to relearn some lessons :)

steena said...

The very fist time I bought a fuel belt I got that kind and the damn bottles kept falling off of it. Hope you have better luck with it than I did. I got the one that's actually just called "Fuel Belt".