Wednesday, July 24, 2013

tired...tired..and more tired...

So I feel like I have just been running and running but not actually running...know what I mean?  I traveled to PA on Saturday to say goodbye to Becky and slept on an air mattress..not my best night's sleep.  Then came back on Sunday and took Riley on his 1 1/2 mile walk.  I planned on running but I was too tired to lace up my running shoes. Up early on Monday.  Not the time that I wanted to get up.  My poor iphone was super hot and my alarm didn't go off.  Actually the phone did not work at all.  So I had a moment (ok, maybe more than a moment) of panic.  My phone can't be dead!!  So I unplugged and left it to cool...and now I can only squeeze in a 1 1/2 mile walk with Riley.  Great! At school still no iphone so I spend my morning ordering a new one.  My phone is 2 1/2 years old..so it has had a great life, but I was trying to have it hang in there till the new iphone came out.  Oh well the new one is on the way..and of course mid morning the super hot iphone starts to work again. Randomly gets super hot so I am guessing it is time for a new one..sigh...

Monday after school Kristi and my three nieces were stopping by my house on their return to Virginia Beach.  Kristi drove to school and we headed towards the National Zoo in DC.  I learned that you should really check the address when you use the point of interest on your gps.  I gave Kristi and the girls a lovely tour of some nice neighborhoods in DC.  I did comment that I didn't know why the gps was taking us to the zoo through Rosslyn and Georgetown..but who am I to argue with the gps?  So after traveling the streets of DC we finally make it to the zoo.

 All three girls were really happy to be out of the car!  They got up at 6 am to drive to my house and now we are taking them to the zoo.  We had a great time at the zoo, but in the end we were all hungry so we headed back to the car and off to find some food before headed to see the Whitehouse and the Lincoln Memorial.

We ate at the Shake Shack..yummy burger and shake.  The girls were super hungry.  I don't think we heard a peep from them the entire time they were eating.  Next up the Whitehouse.



We had one more stop before we headed home..Abraham Lincoln was calling our name.


 And it was back home.  We were all super tired.  The girls fell asleep on the ride back to my house.  Needless to say no running on Monday.  Tuesday I set my alarm to walk Riley.  I knew I wasn't going to get in a run, but that was ok, because it was Tuesday which means run club.

I headed to run club and ran (what did you think I did? bike?)  And chatted it up with everyone and then headed home super tired.  I knew after the weekend and the DC trip I was going to take Wednesday off and not take Riley on a long walk and not worry about squeezing in a morning run.  It was the best choice I could have made.  I felt much more rested than I have for a week.  It was a beautiful day today so after I got my allergy shot I mowed the lawn took Riley on his long walk and decided that I couldn't let the evening end without a run.  81 degrees on my run..you have to run!  I think it might be a law that you have to run in weather like this during the summer!  I think it is supposed to be great weather for the rest of the week.  I was thinking of moving up my long run to tomorrow if the temps were going to go up..but looks like I can have a great long run on Saturday with no problem.  :)  That long run will be the perfect cap to the end of summer school too!

Hope everyone had a great running day!

No comments: