Thursday, January 8, 2015

no soda more water

So if you know me you know I love Coke.


I don't  buy Coke for my home because I would just keep drinking it and drinking it.  I usually have a coke at work though..  I also enjoy coke when I go out to eat.  Well I am happy to say that I haven't had a Coke since the week before Christmas.  I've been a very good water girl.  Now I know why I shouldn't drink soda.  I have seen the articles about the evils of soda.  But it doesn't change the fact that I really love Coke.


I've given up Coke before.  I have given it up hoping to lose some weight.  Never works for me.  I always end up thinking if I am not losing weight than I might as well just drink soda again.  So I have one Coke which then leads to a Coke or more a day. 

I know that when I have my Coke at work I really don't drink much water.  Now I have been having 4 large glasses of water during the day.  When I drink a Coke that is usually it for me for the workday.  It also should help me be a better runner too.  That's what I am going to keep telling myself.  We will see how long this lasts.  So far I have been enjoying my water and haven't caved to a Coke.  I almost did today.  It was a crazy day with a 2nd grade classroom moving into the library because of the cold temperatures outside and I had classes all day long.  A recipe for a disaster of a day and an easy "I need a Coke fix" excuse. But I didn't have the coke, I had water.  

No running for me tonight..It was just way to cold, but no Coke either, so it is a winning night!

No comments: