Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Water stops and birthdays

Last week I worked the water stop at a local 5k with my run club friends. The beauty about this volunteering job is afterwards we get free mimosas at the after party.  That's the kind of volunteering I can get behind!  And just so we are clear we all had multiple mimosas!  What a great race!



Today is my 40th birthday!  And as a birthday present we had a snow day!  I love snow days, but birthday snow days are the best!  Yesterday I had lunch with friends in anticipation of the snow coming and it's just fun to have lunch with cool people!  We headed for some Mexican food and birthday margaritas.  




Now the snow was not supposed to start until the evening. Unfortunately it started earlier than anticipated. I headed home in snow. It usually takes me 40 minutes to get home. It took me 2 hours to travel home. Once I finally got home I was greeted by neighbor Nick who was shoveling my parking spot for my birthday. 


I also found out there would be no school. Looks like 40 could be a good year!  

This morning I woke up and did some birthday shoveling. Then I made a birthday breakfast of a chocolate croissant.  Later I had some ice cream cake and then neighbor Nick came over with some birthday beer. 


My plan is to celebrate my new age group all year.  I have a good feeling about 40. 



3 comments:

Jennifer K. said...

Happy Birthday! Hope its a great year for you!

From Ice Cream to Marathon said...

I would love to volunteer at a race for free Mimosa's! Looks like you had a great party, and how sweet of Nick to do that for you. Happy birthday!!

Kim said...

Mimosas are always good - I'm sure that after volunteering at the 5K they were really great!
I love that your 40th birthday was so full of great things. Happy birthday!! The 40s rock!