Monday, August 9, 2010

Reunion and Running

Well I went to PA for a family reunion.  I got to see relatives that I haven't seen since I was 5 or 6 years old.  I had a great time reconnecting with family.  While I was in PA I did get in two runs.  Very short runs but that is better than what I usually do.  I find it so hard to run when I am visiting my mom.  Her schedule and my running schedule really do not mix well.  I love running at around 7 at night which means I usually don't eat a big meal beforehand.  Mom makes a big meal and I am always too stuffed to run. I did run at around 5 while her and my stepdad Phil were out working, but that was miserable because the sun was beating down on my the entire time!  One morning I got up and went running at 8 or 9 around the high school track.  The problem with that was I didn't get a very good nights sleep and I didn't have the right breakfast to fuel the run so instead of running 5 or 6 miles I ran 3 1/2 miles.  Well I guess that is better than nothing right?? 

Well I am off with my mom to Steelers training camp, so looks like no run today.  I am thinking that I will use this past week as my low miles week and then start back  on the old training wagon when I get back home.  Cross your fingers that I get some good pics and maybe an autograph or too of some of my favorite Steelers. :)
Mike Wallace Signing anything and everything
Troy Polamalu

No comments: