Monday, August 2, 2010

Running

I guess I should introduce myself.  My name is Pam and I am attempting to run my first 1/2 marathon.  I will be running the Philly Rock N' Roll 1/2 Marathon on September 19th.  I am super excited!  I started running about 4 or 5 years ago.  I started with some 5k and then two years ago I ran the Cherry Blossom 10 miler (I thought I was going to die) and then decided to run it again this past year.  The second time I did much better and decided 2 days later to attempt a 1/2 marathon (hey if I can run 10 I am sure I can run 13.1).  I have ran some 10k's and now I am trying to train for my first half marathon during the hottest summer ever! 

I have been reading some running blogs and thought it would be nice to keep track of some of my running moments and my attempts to train (I am not very good at following schedules).  We will see how it goes.

I am the one in the Steelers hoodie.  I love the Steelers!  I am also an elementary librarian in Northern Virginia.  I think I have the best job around!

2 comments:

brooks addiction said...

Good luck to your future runs!
God bless, more power! HAve a happy run always!

spyder said...

That's a great beginning, you are very determined to do it. Good luck and God Bless!