Monday, November 7, 2011

Plantar Fasciitis you are not my friend

I think my last trip to the foot doc was last year (or could it have been the year before that??) My right foot was killing me for months. So much so I didn't look forward to work or getting out of bed because I knew my foot was going to kill me mid day. Well I sucked it up and went to the doctor. Well my right foot still feels great. Now my left foot hurts. I was going to just keep trying to stretch it and wear my boot at night. I am thinking I may want to go to the foot doc and see if he can give me a shot. I hate cortisone shots! And then maybe get some therapy on it to help it start feeling better. I have 2 months before half marathon training kicks in, so I think this might be a good time to visit the doctor and get the foot feeling better. If not I am going to start looking like an 80 year old woman when I walk!

 

5 comments:

Black Knight said...

Good luck. I hope you get well soon.
In the meantime, what about swimming? When I could not run I swam a lot, it helped to recover.

RunToTheFinish said...

agghh what a pain. ok i have no idea what you have tried but just in case here are a few things that I have seen work..
rolling foot daily on tennis ball
chiro - make sure you are all aligned
rolling foot on frozen water bottle
sleeping in compression socks (or wearing them all day)

HOPE it gets better!

Lindsay said...

good luck... my friend has been battling PF on and off since 2007! hope it starts improving STAT!

steena said...

Awww boo to the foot pain! Hope you get it sorted out.
And LOL at the picture, very cute!

Plantar Fasciitis said...

We offers prime services and solutions, with the goal of providing the best and latest technology in Plantar Fasciitis at highly competitive prices.