Thursday, November 3, 2011

I need some run-ivation!!

It happens to me every time.  I run a long race and then afterwards it is so tough to get back to running.  I just don't feel like running or visiting the gym, even though I know I have to.  I am tired of buying bigger clothes!  I told myself I can have one week off after the half..yeah that was 2 1/2 weeks ago.  I did run this week at run club, but I need to run more than once a week.  And it gets dark earlier..and it is cold..do you need more excuses?  Hopefully I will take my lazy self to the gym tonight.  I need some run-ivation!  (I'm sure that run-ovation is stronger than motivation) 

The great thing about having a race on the calendar is that it forces you to get out there and run.  I currently only have a 5k Turkey Trot on the calendar next weekend then a 5K Hot Chocolate race in December.  I am doing Amanda's HBBC.  I hope that is the incentive I need to keep on running right now. 

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I know exactly what you mean! did a relay run at the beginning of oct. and didnt want to run or even think about running for over a week. finally made myself do a couple miles bc i have a half coming up this weekend. just make yourself go and run once, then hopefully it will be easier the second time.

hot chocolate 5K sounds like my kind of race! ;)